Thursday 8 September 2011

Creativity Out Of A Perfect Life

I always thought that creativity could only be the result of a life that has been adversely affected by war, politics, social change, psychological problems or personal upset.  Having had what can only be described as a perfect childhood growing up in Basildon and more importantly for me: Writtle, Chelmford, I do not really fit into any of the criteria listed above.  Writtle and my early memories within this beautiful village are now the subject of two current oil paintings.  These paintings are inspired by the wonderful life I had in this village and yes..........I can hear you reaching for the sick bag/delete page key........ but hey people can be happy and creative.  For a sneak-peak at one of these paintings check out the banner of my "artist" page:  http://www.artphotographypaintings.com/roger-sidney  -  this is the unfinished grisaille of one of the paintings.  How many other people out there have turned to the creative life out of beauty, goodness or a perfect life?
    

No comments:

Post a Comment